The PerFit U Personal Training and Pilates Studio offer services for weight management, core training, body transformation, Pilates, one on one personal training and group classes in the Southend of Guelph. Also available for Private Reformer Pilates. To schedule a CONSULTATION, check out: http://www.theperfitu.com or send an email to Maria at maria@theperfitu.com

Monday, January 17, 2011

120 Day Fitness Challenge - My workouts, nutrition and before picture

I mentioned in my earlier blog that I will be starting a 120 day Fitness Challenge in replace of a fitness competition this year. I'd like to incorporate the "goodness" of working towards my fitness goals without the added pressure of being and putting on a show! Another incentive of getting myself back into having a bikini-body is a possibility of a cruise vacation with my hubby.

For my 120 day fitness challenge, I have and will continue to follow the following protocols:

1. Clean eating 80% of the time which means I get a day or two of cheat days.
2. Be active most days of the week.
3. Continue to take my essential supplements such as Multivitamins, fish oil, probiotics, and whey protein (as needed).
5. Eat 4 to 5 times a day. I already know more or less of how much calories I consume. I ensure they are coming from good sources of meat, vegetables/fruits, fats and some carbohydrates.
5. Continue to seek Homeopathy and follow-up sessions

I am not much of a bread or grain type person. If I end up eating them, they would be on my cheat day(s). I like the steeloats oatmeal, bagels, brown or white rice. For protein, I eat most red meat, chicken and fish. For carbs, I eat sweet potatoes everyday or steelcut oats. I replace the usual carbs with a ton of veggies, like fresh tossed salad, asparagus, spinach, peppers, etc. I also supplement with Vegetable/Fruit supplement from Progressive which I add to my Berry Smoothie.

So here's what I have been doing for the Month of January.

Workout days:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday - Cardio for 30 minutes and Pilates Reformer for 1 Hour
Tuesday/Thursday - Physio Rehab for Right knee for 30 minutes and Zen Stretching for 1 Hour
Thursday Evening - Indoor Rock Climbing for a maximum of 2 hours or OFF
Saturday - OFF
Sunday - Indoor Rock Climbing for a maximum of 2 hours

I am doing a lot of core work with slight resistance using the Pilates Reformer. Flexibility is equally important as my muscles tend to seize up, which is happening a bit more frequent than usual. I still love Rock Climbing and I get such a good workout, sweating, fear conquering, all around great feeling.

I also weighed myself - weight gain is not my concern as the scale only went up a few pounds. However, my clothes are fitting tighter and not as lean. I used a manual calipers to determine my bodyfat% and it is at 21%.

For my fitness challenge, I am aiming to get to 15% bodyfat and get a more leaner look. You will see from the photo below that my abs are not as chiseled, although I can still see some muscles under my belly =)

I have some work to do but it shouldn't be a problem as long as I'm consistent, focused and motivated. I also implement a ton of visualization to get the body I want.

In my next blog, I will change my workout for the next phase and will be posting more pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers