The PerFit U Personal Training and Pilates Studio offer services for weight management, core training, body transformation, Pilates, one on one personal training and group classes in the Southend of Guelph. Also available for Private Reformer Pilates. To schedule a CONSULTATION, check out: http://www.theperfitu.com or send an email to Maria at maria@theperfitu.com

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 TOP Priority

Happy Happy 2011!

I had a wonderful celebration with family and friends on New Year's eve, and I feel so blessed to have such loving group of people to ring in the New Year.

I've learned not to make any New Year's resolution as they may likely be broken; however, for 2011, I came up with a meaningful goal instead of the old cliches like to lose weight or eat healthier.

My top New Year's goal for 2011 is to BE KIND TO MYSELF.

When I look back at my life, not just last year, but life in general, being kind to myself is something I don't get to do very often.

What is kindness? The English dictionary states that, kindness is:

1. the practice or quality of being kind
2. a kind, considerate, or helpful act

What does this translate to my life? Being kind to myself means:

* Patting myself on the back for a job well-done
* Putting myself and my family ahead of others
* Being more grateful of life and life's opportunities even when some don't work out
* Being more effective rather than affected
* Change negative thinking into positive ones
* Be in the Present moment and leave the past behind
* Love myself unconditionally
* Learn to fail more often and look at failures as a form of feedback
* Continue to Believe
* Take good care of my physical and mental state
* Clear the mind
* Laugh more often
* Speak up

Being kind to myself will take great practice. I believe that being kind to myself will strengthen who I am as a person, business woman, girlfriend/wife and friend. I also believe that change has to happen from the inside first because the world is just an extension of ourselves. The world does not define us, we define what happens to us in this world.

Have a Happy, Prosperous, Meaningful and Kind New Year to all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers